Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dirt, Water and Dutch Oven

Winters are great in Arizona and we are enjoying this winter for sure.  The kids have been playing out in the back yard a lot.  They filled the "water" table with dirt and had a fun few days playing in it.  Then I decided to clean up the backyard so we put all the dirt back in the dirt pile and we swept our turf clean.  It took a few days to do the whole yard, but William helped and it looks so much better.  


 Saturday we did a bunch of needed things around the house then the kids played in the water while we dutch ovened for dinner.  We opened the pool for fun and stuck our feet in.




Dinner was good: Burrito Rancheros, but took a long time to cook: 2.5 hours, so I'm looking for less-time- cookin'- tasty dutch oven recipes if anyone would like to send me one.  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I love that you have turf. I think dutch oven is synonomous with "takes-time" but if you get some quick ones, they may be worth passing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, reading your post makes me look forward to summer a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celeste!!! This is Jamie from S-town, AZ! You probably don't remember me because you moved away when we were still young (5th grade!--that was sooooooo long ago) but I totally remember you and have such fond memories of you and your awesome fam. I think about you every time I drive down 8th Ave and pass by your old home. Good memories!! I'm living in UT now and I have been thinking about you and wondering how you and your fam are doing. I'm waaaaaaaaaay behind the times but was somehow able to find you on facebook. You look amazing and you have a gorgeous family!! You look exactly how I remember. I see you are living in Tucson. DO you remember Kendra (Crockett) or Kris (Larson)? They both live over your way. Anyway, not trying to be a stalker but that is pretty much how this is turning out to be. :) I have been wanting to contact you for the longest but never knew how to do that. my email is mike7jam AT yahoo. Hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete