Sunday, August 21, 2011

Monsoon Fun

The kids have had fun lately playing outside in the rain.  When the rain comes it usually makes big puddles in the back yard and the kids love to run and splash.  
 Below are the kids running down the side yard.  Just after I took this picture there was a flash of lightning in the sky above that tree.  It was cool.  It was far enough away, but I wish I'd caught it on camera.
 Here's a caterpillar we spotted in the backyard.  It was gone after we got home from the park so I hope it got somewhere safe to build it's cocoon.  It'll grow up to be a moth.
 John's birthday was Friday.  The kids and I spent a week preparing.  We bought him a new pillow, made a colored a pillowcase, colored a picture frame with our family picture in it for him to take to work, made a candy gram and birthday cards.  We made him homemade ice cream with cookie dough chunks.  He even got to come home early and swim in the pool with the kids.  It was a great day!  Happy Birthday John!
 Below is a picture of the kitchen helpers I've had.  The kids love to help in the kitchen especially if it involves water.  John is so good and patient letting them help him do the dishes while I rested (and took pictures).
 Saturday we went to the park and ate breakfast (muffins and apples).  We got there around 7am and lasted till about 8:30am before the kids were too hot.  Then we checked out some yard sales, but didn't find anything we needed.  We installed vertical blinds for our sliding glass door to help keep the heat out of the living room.

We went to the bat bridge last week.  I forgot my camera, so I'll just talk about it.  The bat bridge is where docents from the desert museum come to talk about bats.  Bats actually live under most of the bridges around here and come out at night to find food.  We took the kids and waited for the bats.  Good thing those two are good and running around and staying busy. We waited at good 1.5 hours to see bat, but when they came out from under the bridge it was pretty cool.  
Every thing else is going well.  I survived my talk in church today and John his lesson, so we count our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment