Sunday, October 17, 2010

5K, Taco Soup and Ghosts






What does a 5K, taco soup and ghosts have in common? It's what we did this week! All of us (2 runners and 2 stroller riders) ran the OSU 5K run with the president on Friday. It was awesome! I biked in to campus hauling 75 lbs of kids and stroller (that was my warmup). John pushed the stroller during the 5K and still beat me. His time was under 29 minutes. I came in about 40 seconds later nearly dead cuz my goal was to keep up with him and it almost killed me, but I did get a better time because of it. The kids did great! They met Benny the Beaver and got snacks afterward. I biked home afterward hauling 75 lbs (that was my cool down). Then I went to bed early physically exhausted but happy that we all finally ran a 5K together!
We had taco soup for dinner and these pictures are dedicated to Brooke!! Ashley devoured her taco soup kept saying "mmm" after each bite. William of course whined and only ate his soup after he found out he couldn't have a treat until he did (and then John dumped cheese on top and chips, so I'm not sure he really ate the soup just scooped the good stuff off the top).
The kids and I made ghosts out of suckers and dum dums. They also made ghosts by stepping in white poster paint and then stepping on black construction paper. After it dried I colored eyes on the heel of their footprints and their toes were the bottom of the ghost. I didn't get a picture of that, but try it it's cute!!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the title of your post and got really excited, "TACO SOUP!" and then it totally made my day that you dedicated it to ME!
    I'm super impressed with your 5k! I did one last year and nearly died. Fat kid should stick to ... not running. You didn't eat the taco soup BEFORE the 5k, did you? I'm in a volleyball league right now and I also do Zumba 3 times a week. I have to be CAREFUL and not eat for like ... 2 hours before. If I do, I always think: "Taco Soup!"
    But geez. It's been awhile since I've had that numminess! William doesn't like it? The kid's CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to got Clarkes! That's great you were all able to particapate in the 5k. If I ran with Ben, I think it would be more than 40 seconds behind him. I'm glad you all are have a good time there with the season. Have a Happy Halloween this weekend!

    ReplyDelete